Thursday, July 5, 2007

got to love those insincere questions

At around noon today I had a diabetic reaction. It was quite strange. I was feeling weak, then I got shakey and really thirsty and tired and felt like passing out. I had two bananas and some water and I still felt crappy, so I checked my blood sugar levels, but since it's been a while I forgot how to do it! But in the end it worked. They were 4.9 —of course I have no idea what that means! (roll eyes) I sat in the bathroom just so weak, with my head on the counter. I was feeling a bit better by 12:30pm, so I made some grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, but my legs were still weak and shakey and I was still so tired. I ended up laying down for an hour after 1pm b/c I knew if I didn't I'd collapse!

It was quite strange. I felt terrible. I looked terrible. I had both my husband and his sister ask me "are you okay?" within 5ms of eachother! Of course, in my attempts to be more honest and seek out help, I said, "no!" And they both turned away!!!! What's up with that??? Why ask if you don't care or have an interest in helping??? I just don't get it! I mean, I LOOK terrible, I feel like I"m actually physically going to collapse and yet they still didn't offer anything! I am appalled the more I think of it.

But let's not get me started. What's up with the diabetic reaction? I was convinced that's what it was, and have actually been wondering if I have developed diabetes recently. I had Gestational Diabetes during my pregnancy, but my test afterwards came back normal. I know they're going to test me again but I can't remember if it's every 6ms or every year. I see my doctor on Monday and I'll be mentioning this for sure!

I took an online risk assesment for diabetes and according to my height, weight, age and parent with diabetes, I scored 11… when 10+ is High Risk! LOL …of course, I knew that anyways, but thought I'd check it out! {here is the link: http://www.diabetes.org/risk-test.jsp }

I'm going to start walking daily with my neighbour for 1/2 hour. We're starting on Sunday evening. No kids (other than Bryn) I'm really looking forwards to that. That should help with weight loss, and get me healthier. I hope we can keep up with it and that our husbands help us out too.

So that was my day…. phew! Oh! And I finally got new contacts! YAY! About time! I had to get an Emergency pair of contacts way back in March b/c my old ones were soooo old it was ridiculous. So I picked up one to last the month since I had an eye appointment in the next week and would likely buy new ones if my script changed. Well…. three and a half months have passed and my eyes did change but we didn't buy new contacts yet. *blush* The past two weeks have been painful for me, as my eyes are constantly sore and itchy and irritated, so I've been going without the past two days, blurry vision and all! This afternoon, I rubbed my eyes and lost my right contact, relocated it and tried to put it back in when I saw it was torn. Drat!!! At least it got me out to buy new good clean contacts though! ;) So I'm seeing with "new" eyes again, yay! How nice to see things so crisp and clear. I'd like to buy some glasses again too, just to have, but I'm having a hard time justifying the price to my stringy Hunny (lol) and finding a pair that suits me. *sigh* But this is a start…

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers