Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Kai's speech therapy update

Well, this is the second month in a row that Kai didn't want to participate! He slouched in his seat and refused to even attempt to say anything, just pouted b/c the therapist wouldn't give in until he tried something! It was tiring. Well, that's only partly accurate: he DID point his finger down–that's what she was trying to get him to say, but he'd say "eep" (sounding like UP to me) Then he didn't want to play anymore. Not too sure what his problem is, but at least he didn't scream this month!


Last month, the ST said she still couldn't rule out Apraxia but I've noticed that he's picked up the word "more" (or MO as he says it) and the sign for it, but won't say JU (or juice) and the sign anymore. I don't know if that means anything or not though.


So next month, the ST is coming to our house and she's going to bring pictures for us for our fridge. (well, we'll have to get magnetic sheets from Michaels first) That way if he won't use words or signs, he can just point to the picture. I'm okay with that, but can't help but feel disappointed, like we're stepping back. But maybe he's just feeling overwhelmed that we're doing Too Much for him. It's hard. I just wish I knew WHY he's having trouble.


Meanwhile, this month, I was supposed to work on him to say "T", but just could not. He refused. Even in play. He'd get upset if I"D say it.. Tuh tuh tuh tuh…. He's been acting INCREDIBLY aggressive too lately and I don't get it. All he wants to do is hit me or be rough. He's hurt me many times just being too aggressive. I don't know if that means anything, but it's frustrating. While I'm trying to talk to the ST, he's scratching my arms or trying to headbutt me or jumping on my back and choking me! What is UP with my boy???????


*sigh* That's my update!!!!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers