Saturday, February 14, 2009

Romance: Old Testament Style

This is the entry for my "365 Secrets of Beauty" desk calendar for today, February 14th. AKA Valentine's Day.

"Hegai liked Esther and took a special interest in her. Right off he started her beauty treatments, ordered special food, assigned her seven personal maids from the palace, and put her and her maids in the best rooms in the harem." ~Esther 2:9 (the Message)

Wow. The best room in the Harem, eh?

I admit it, I'm not too sure why this was written for today. Is it something I'm supposed to ponder? Is there something I"m missing? I know the rest of the story is that this Hegai trained Esther so well that she pleased the King and he chose her to be his Queen, and she eventually saved the Jewish race from certain death from Haman. But this verse…it doesn't "speak" to me. I much rather like this one for today, which was on Feb 9th:

"She's beautiful and therefore to be wooed;
she is a woman, and therefore to be won."
~William Shakespeare

I hope that your Valentine's Day has been special and that you feel beautiful inside and out, whether you have a special someone to celebrate with. You are made by Him and loved by Him.

"I have called you by name, you are mine….since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you." Isaiah 43: 1b & 4a
May you feel His love for you today, and may that feeling stay with you. He wants you to know Him; He's just waiting for you to notice Him.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers