Thursday, March 25, 2010

SU Sneak Peek

There are many things that I love about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, and one of them is the chance to see new items before they come out, and another is being able to order the new things before they come out! I got this new stamp set that just may be my newest favourite! I couldn't wait to put some ink to it, but *sigh* alas! I had to wait a week or so with stamp club projects and class projects to do first. But I finally got to play the other night! (Man, I love my job!)



This stamp set is called Awash With Flowers and is a set of 18. (Yes, 18!) And is a two-step set, meaning that you have a line stamp and a "filler" stamp. (take a good look at the flowers for an example) This beautiful set will not be available until the Brand New Idea Book & Catalogue comes out in July! However, good news! You can get this for yourself next month as there will be a promotion for all who hostess in April! You'll have to get my newsletter to find out the details next month; just leave a comment if you'll like to be added to my mailing list!

But back to the card... The colours are a bit better in this picture, at least! It is stamped on Barely Banana (ooh, isn't it pretty? I'll have to post pictures of my stamp room for you to see the similarities)..oh wait! Actually, it is stamped on Whisper White and then layered on top of Barely Banana, but that's a mere technicality! I even used all the 5 colours in D's I Want Candy Colour Challenge again: Pretty In Pink (flower), Almost Amethyst (flowers), Apricot Appeal (flowers), Barely Banana, Sage Shadow (leaves and the scalloped strip of cardstock on the bottom). I also had fun with the paper piercer! *smile* Oh, and guess what? I actually came up with this card design all on my own! I'm so proud of myself! *big grin*

Doesn't this card make you smile? I'm so happy Spring is finally here!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers