Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Random Things

I was reading my friend's blog the other day and she made a list up of a bunch of quirky things about her that many people may not know, and I was interested. It wasn't meant to be a Tag, but that's what I'm doing it as! :) It's taken me some time, though, let me tell you, to come up with a list. I keep thinking of all these "important" things about me and realizing everyone knows that, that's so obvious!!! LOL So I had to dig. And I think I have my list done.

1. I wanted to be a "weatherologist" as a teen. Not a weather-girl, but someone who studies weather and the effects on everything. I wanted to storm watch and follow tornadoes, but as I grew, other things became more important to me. Watching storms still fascinates me today though….as well as scares me!

2. I used to be a Hockey Addict and would write down the game info while watching or listening to them. My brother laughed at me when he saw that and told me that they pay people to do that and I could get the info in the paper the next day! It didn't deter me though! ;) I miss hockey and have decided to introduce my children to the fine game…. They can't be Canadian and not like hockey!!!!

3. I have a bizarre phobia of having anything on me. I love ladybugs, but freak out if one lands on me!

4. Licking creeps me out! I can't stand a dog or person licking me. I don't even like watching it happen to anyone else. Gross! {{{shudder}}} NOT "sexy"!!!!

5. I am a stickler for proper spelling. I cringe when I see misspelled words. Don't people have spell check or reread when they've written? Doesn't it bother them? I think it's just me but I can't stand it when I see things intentionally misspelled. Like "KEWL" instead of COOL. Or "Karpet King". ARRRRGH!!!! (just writing that makes me cringe) I don't mind mistakes b/c you're typing fast or you just aren't too sure, but if your prose is littered in mistakes, I can't read it.

6. I can't touch my toes with my fingers if I bend over, but I can stick my toes into my mouth if I wanted to! For some reason, I am proud of that fact! It's nice to know that there's a level of flexability to me despite my midsection!

7. When I was 12, I decided I was going to legally change my name when I was 18. Lori was just Too Boring, and no one could spell it correctly anyways. (sheesh, how hard is it???) I wish I could remember which name I chose, but it's slipped my memory as time went by. I'm glad I stayed with Lori—it's starting to grow on me!!!

8.I want to believe in Faeries. They're beautiful, sparkly, innocent, tiny and magical.

9. I have 4 designs in mind but am too afraid of getting a tattoo. I just can't picture having something inked on me permanently–it's bad enough I have moles!!!

10. I have dramatic conversations in my mind all the time. I see the two characters, their mannerisms, and let them say what their emotions want. I've dealt with a lot of issues and pain that way.

I hope you've found something new about me. Why don't you try it? It's not that easy –but maybe it's just me! Consider yourself Tagged! :)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers