Monday, December 23, 2013

the Light of the World

The boys performed with their classes for the school Christmas chorus. Even Rhys sang! I was so impressed with the evening program; I am every year! There is something so beautiful and touching about children singing with their own little personalities (some singing with gusto and some not paying attention, some giggling with neighbours and some looking miserable) and their innocence about the season. The theme was Jesus is the Light, so all of their songs had to do with Him being Light, and us receiving His Light.

Rhys sang this year with all 3 of the preschool classes a song called "Oh what a special night". They're always the cutest ones to watch, aren't they? They're so tiny and adorable and dressed up and they make everyone sigh "ahhhh!"  I wasn't even sure if Rhys would participate at all since when we arrived at the classroom, he even asked me, "what am I singing, Mom?" But I was so proud of him up there, not only singing but also participating! 



His class sang a song about the animals who were there for Jesus' birth. First it was the sheep who said, Baa baa baa baa, baby Jesus is born! Then the cow said, moo moo moo moo moo, baby Jesus is born! Then the donkey said  (and this was the cutest part because they had their hands up at their heads, wiggling them like little ears...so adorable!)  hee haa heee haa hee haa, baby Jesus is born!

John 9:5
 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Bryn sang and spoke for his class! He hadn't told us that he was going to do that. I was proud of him! The grade two classes sang, "Jesus is Wonderful" and during the middle of it, ten students stepped down to the microphone and said what they thought made God Wonderful.  Bryn said this:
I think Jesus is wonderful because we can sing for Jesus. Something wonderful about Jesus is He was in the Bible. I think Jesus is wonderful because He heals us.

He gave three points! My heart was ready to burst. Most of the kids only gave one thing they wanted to say, but he had three. I love that his heart is softened and ready for the Lord. He has shown in many of his writings in class, and in conversations, that his heart is set on Him, and I am so happy and excited to see how his own faith will grow and where the Lord will take him.




John 8:12
 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

What surprised me was that Kai actually sang as well! He was telling me about the song they were doing, "Go light your world", but it still surprised me! My boys are not singers and they don't practice at home so you're never too sure what will happen the night of the performance!   So I was happy to see that he was up there, in the first row, attempting to sing. That is, when he wasn't sniffing and rubbing his nose! The poor boy's allergies have been bothering him so much lately. I could actually see his nostrils collapse with his deep intakes of sniffing! By the end of the evening, his nose was red. I can't figure out what is bothering him though. 





 Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


I love that my children are able to be able to attend the Christian school. It is a blessing that I do not take lightly. I know that it is not possible for many people, and I am aware that it may not always be in our ability to send them either, but for now I am so grateful for this opportunity. I love the teachers there,  the community spirit and the love that is shown throughout the school. I love that they are learning to look into the Bible and see everything as been Created by our Lord for a purpose and that they have meaning in this world; they are loved, they have been saved, they have been redeemed and they are covered by His hand.

He is the Light of the World!


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers