Friday, March 16, 2007

MRI and health update

Well, I've got my MRI booked. It's next week Friday. Whew! They ask you when you fill out the forms if you're clausterphobic and it's funny because I had to think about it for a bit. Finally I asked Dh, "am I clausterphobic?" He wasn't too sure either! So I finally decided I'm likely not! Despite answering all the questions on the form clearly, when they called to book the apt, they ask me them all again: do you have any implants (nope, these girls are all mine, lol), do you have any metal in your eyes, do you have any piercings or tattoos, are you clausterphobic? Hmm… last chance. Am I? If I am, they can give me a sedative, but I have to come in 1/2 hour earlier. Hmm… Nope. I passed up the chance! I'll have to rely on my own strength! Funny, I went to bed last night thinking about MRI machines. I've seen them before. Lots of times. I've even heard them running and know they're loud. Yep. Know ALL about them. Drs Chase, Cameron, and Foreman are always running them for Dr. House!!!! *big grin* But then I thought, "hmm,… they probably show them larger on tv, don't they?" Which got me wondering just how SMALL is this machine??? Eek!

I think what I'll do is just keep my eyes closed and try to nap! Jonathan told me today that they offer you headphones and can put it onto a radio station for you. If that's true, I'll take that offer up as well.

My MRI has been booked for next week Friday, March 23rd, at 9:45am. Jonathan has already booked the day off of work, so he'll be watching the kids. Which is good since the test takes apparently an hour half! Eek! I certainly hope it isn't uncomfy in that tight space!!! I don't have a problem laying down for long periods of time though (or I don't think I do) but then again, this is going to be on a machine bed, which may not be too comfy. Hmm… memo to self: take muscle relaxants beforehand!

I'm really not too sure if this will show anything or not, but maybe it will give the rheumy a better look at what is ailing me. And hey, if I can get in this fast for one, why not have it done? *grin*

On the topic of pain…
I was/am in SOOO much pain today. I must've wrenched my neck in the night b/c steadily as the day has gone on, the pain has increased. First, it just reached across my shoulders and up my neck, but now it stretches down across my left shoulder and down my arm into my elbow. It is in a LOT of pain. I've been taking Tylenol #3s (with codeine) and it's not helping. I had to pull out the Motrin, but that didn't help either. I was laying down on the couch this afternoon and I could not get comfortable, and I was in tears. So I pulled out the Tiger Balm. But all that did was make my shoulder warm. Actually, before I applied the balm, the pain just was in the shoulder/neck, but as I warmed up, it started to creep down the arm, which disturbed me. I moved it further along!!!

I've had to pull out the T3's, motrin, and Tiger Balm a few times tonight, like right now. My back and arm is feeling quite hot right now! Icy hot. Not too sure how I feel about that! All I know is that it doesn't really take away the elbow pain, darn! But I think I'm feeling a bit more mobile. I can actually turn my neck without getting shooting pain. Weeee! The sad thing? I've got so much of this stuff on right now and I can not even smell it! It must stink up my house right now of peppermint, but not a whiff for me! That's how stuffed up my nose is! Every now and then I'll smell something, but my nose is working backwards now: only if my mouth is open and I've just finished blowing my nose will I be able to smell something! WTH? LOL I missed out on the smell of our garbage today (cleaning up for garbage day tomorrow) and Kai's stinky bum! However, the other bad part is that I also can't taste anything!!! :( I had yummy fettucine alfredo for dinner (well, I'm assuming it was yummy, lol) and it tasted so bland. Even though I could SEE the spices on it! darn!

I am so hoping I'm feeling better real soon. My voice is still gone or raspy, my throat still hurts, I feel like Cr*p…it hasn't been good at all! I wasn't up to taking Kai to preschool this morning. Oh well. I'm sure he didn't miss out on too much! Tomorrow he has Music Class and Speech Therapy. I hope I'm doing well in the morning. Last night, I DID NOT sleep. I am most certain of it. I remember just laying in bed, hour after hour, wide awake. My mind full of thoughts, but nothing particular on my mind. It wasn't until maybe 4am that I started to fall asleep, but even then it was very limited. Surprisingly I lasted through the day and was awake. What's up with that? It is possible I slept but have no recollection? All I remember is laying there in bed. I got up to pee a few times. Remembered thinking of my workhop on Friday and if I'm going to be well enough for it and the demos I'll be doing…

Oh, and I learned a VERY good lesson last night: always measure your medicine with a Spoon, don't just guess!!!!!!!! *blush* I decided to take some Benelyn cold liquid, but instead of taking a spoon with me thought I'd just drink some from the bottle. ..yeah, I know, I know… as soon as I slugged it back I KNEW, I just had a feeling, it was too much. Oops! Within half an hour I was so incredibly dizzy. And I mean DIZZY. It was the most dizzy I had EVER been in my entire life. I somehow made it to my bed with the intentions of putting on my pjs, when I laid there, the room spinning. All I could picture in my head was me with my head between my knees. I just couldn't move to get that position! I had visions of me having to call 9-1-1 because I was so desperate for the room to stop spinning. Now, normally I LIKE being dizzy. Yes, that's right, I like it *big grin* but THIS dizzy, no, I DID NOT enjoy it one bit. It made me a bit concerned. In fact, any time I moved I felt nauseated!!!! I had no idea what was going on! Poor Jonathan was worried I was severely dehydrated, so he ran out to get me some Gatorade. It was likely I was, but not to the severe level, but I drank two huge 591mls bottles of it. (surprisingly, the lemon lime was very tasty!) Two hours and two gatorades later, and i was started to feel that 'tipsy stage'.. you know, where you drink and are starting to really notice it. You feel funny, a bit dizzy, starting to giggle like crazy, starting to stumble a bit while attempting to walk. You don't know what I mean? Oh. Me neither. I've just heard. *wink* (that's the only stage I would drink to. I would never drink past that b/c I wanted to still be in semi-control, and I thought this was fun!) Despite feeling like I was starting to taper out, I still didn't trust myself. I still CRAWLED everywhere! Yep. Got on my hands and knees and crawled down the hall to the bathroom. Walking made me nauseated still! My goodness!!! Never again!!! Jonathan had to gather Bryn up for me b/c I didn't trust myself carrying him. It's a good thing I don't breastfeed anymore! Next time I'll stick to a spoon. When Jonathan returned from picking up the drinks he asked me how much medicine did I take, and when I said I had no clue, that's when he pointed out I was to take two TEASPOONS…. WT??? Uhm, yeah, I took Waaaay more than that!!! I tripled that amount generously!!! Sheesh! I guess we're lucky ALL I felt was dizzy!!!

Retelling this story is making me feel dizzy now!!! LOL It's also past my bedtime. Don't know why I do this to myself… every night! Oh, right! It's a habit!!! A silly and bad one. :{

Hopefully I"m on the road to recovery.. I didn't feel it quite so much this morning, but hopefully…. YUCK!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers