Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cupcake

Happy Happy Birthday to my dear BFF, Heather, yesterday. May your day be as special as you are to me.



This picture was taken in April at her wedding. She is such a character! Instead of pilitely and delicately walking down the aisle to her awaiting husband-to-be, she comes out flambouantly down the aisle, stopping for people to take pictures of her in her beauty! You can tell she works in the theatre!!! I was half shocked and embarrassed and half amused! Defintely would never catch ME so demure on my wedding day, LOL! But it was a wedding not soon to be forgotten. If her In-Laws didn't know her personality by then, they sure did now, and I hoped it didn't ruin any thoughts they had of her! But this is "SO Heather"!!!!

Back in April, do to the kindness and love of family and friends, not did I get to make it for my BFFs wedding, but my sister also got to make the weekend trip with me. I was overwhelmed by what was offered...the very reason, the ONLY reason, we were able to go back to Ontario was that we had AirMiles donated to us. Something I will not likely be able to repay...but I am hoping one day I can somehow.

But as fate would have it (or whatever else I can blame it on), within half an hour of deplaning (is that the term?) and already being on the road down the crazy 401 (Julie was able to rent a vehicle at a good deal) I was feeling not-so-well. My ears were sore and sinus' a bit plugged, but it didn't last. That is, until the next morning. I woke up feeling pretty crummy. I had managed to get ourselves to stay overnight at Heather and Matthew's house, and I even got to sleep in, and when I finally got up, her then-fiance made me omlettes! (just so you know, I don't really eat eggs. Nothing against them personally, I just am not fond of them. But I must've been taken in by Matthew, eh? lol) But I still felt run-down and tired.

I ended up spending the whole weekend sleeping as much as I could at my Oma & Opa's farm (oh, that farm feels like HOME to me, even many years later.) with a very sore throat, runny nose, and achiness. Seriously, it was terrible. When Saturday rolled around, Heather & Matthew's wedding day, I was feeling so ill that I was contemplating not even going! The very reason for coming out East was for this day, and I didn't know if I even had the energy to attend! But I managed. And it was good. But I've decided that I'm never attending another wedding by myself again. Yes, I had Julie with me, but going with your Hunny is completely different!

When I returned to BC, I got myself into the clinic and found out that I had been dealing with Strep Throat! No wonder I felt like dying!

I loved going back to Ontario, to see a lot of where my memories lie, and to see family I hadn't seen in years, and I loved being able to witness a grand day in my BFFs life. But to be honest, the weekend pretty much sucked. I was ill and couldn't do anything. Everything I had wanted to do, I couldn't. And the things I did accomplish were only done with half-effort due to my health. So in a lot of ways, the weekend holds not too many fun memories for me, which saddens me. :( *boo*

One day, I want to return with my family. Let them see where I spent my childhood. Meet my cousins and aunts and uncles. Go camping at Bon Echo Park. (THAT is one place I would LOVE to pack up and move here! We just don't have a provincial park like that here.) Make new better memories.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers