Monday, October 5, 2009

feeling punchy?

Remember me bemoaning over the fact that I overzealously joined a swap I know nothing of? Tickle your memory muscle here, if need be. I had committed to creating 25 punch art penguins, but didn't even have half of the punches needed to complete said task. (See the cutesy penguins created by Jenn Diercks HERE) Well, I figured it out and all was done and I saved the day with my cunning-ness: I decided to scrap the whole idea of cute Christmas penguins and make owls! That I could do!!!

Here is my unveiling of my oh-so-cute owl:
This baby only uses punches I own! Such as the 1 3/4" circle (ok, I actually don't own that one either. I cheated and used the Circle Scissors Plus. Shh! don't tell!!!), scallop circle, round tab, 1/2" circle, crop-a-dile, and heart-to-heart punch. The paper is Handsome Hunter (a colour I never use), and the DSP is brand-new staight-from-the-holiday-mini, Autumn Meadows. Oh, and I used the sentiment from the Owl Together Now set. I liked my card front and was so pleased with myself. Especially with my funky attempts at shading with pastels! That is, until I got the 24 other swaps back and then I felt a bit inadequate! My card front looks slightly....boring...and not detailed. Oh well, that's what swaps are for, right? To learn new ideas and share your own, even if they aren't in a gorgeous setting!

For your enjoyment, I going to share some of my favourites. There were so many to choose from, but I picked only 4. The first two are great for upcoming Christmas cards.


Aren't they adorable? The reindeer was done by Lynne Gorbahn and the cardinal by Taylor Madge.

The next looks difficult (although my Hunny says he can figure it out, lol) but definitely one I want to CASE. It was made by Aaron Maltais.

Seriously! isn't it great?

Unfortunately, none of them had directions on how to recreate these punch art pieces. Actually, about 90% of the swaps didn't, which was disappointing.

The next one, I got to see via blogging before it arrived, and I must say it is much cuter IRL! This one was done by my friend, D, and you can see her own post on it HERE. She gave a recipe on which punches were used at least! *wink* Isn't it the most adorable thing you've seen? {{BTW>they are babies hanging on a washline. NOT piggies, like my Hunny thought! I laughed so hard when he said that...I can kind of, maybe, see how he can THINK that the tops are ears and the faces are pig noses..but really, I can't! Silly man!}}



Can you see how mine looks so....boring? *sigh* But I made punch art! How awesome is that? Yay go me! *smile* Methinks I'm just going to have to increase my punch collection and have a fun punch class soon! Who's up for that?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers