Sunday, December 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday




Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. flowers and starbucks


I love it when my Hunny brings home Starbucks to surprise me. It was even nicer when he got me flowers too! I have had a rough three weeks (dumb thyroid) and he's been cranky and stressed with end-of-the-year work projects, so this was to make up for it.

2. my little pioneer


Bryn had to bring in a 3D model of a planet he was studying, so we made a paper mache of Neptune to finish off that Unit in Theme. The same day, his class started a new theme: Pioneers! They went for a field trip to Lochiel School, a historic schoolhouse built in 1924. The grade three classes go there for the day to see what life would've been like back then. The school teacher is strict and even gives a child the strap (in the hallway...no one actually gets it for real, but they make the sound of it and the kids all jump!) and makes one wear a Dunce cap! What a bully! :)  They write on slates and stand and sing God Save the King. It's fun!

3. santa party



We had a fun time at the Santa party held by the Elks last weekend. It was a fun afternoon!

4. farewell to Mike

Okay, so I'm not very thankful that we had a send off for our Youth Pastor and his family this past weekend at church, but I am so thankful that he has found a good church where he can work full time (we aren't very big yet at Jericho so many of our positions are only part time, which isn't a lot for a young growing family) Mostly I am thankful for the huge role that he played in our church in the 3 years as our Youth leader. He grew the youth in numbers and in closeness to eachother and in their relationship with God, and that means so much to me.





We are going to miss Pastor Mike and his family!


5. matching pjs


I am thankful that I get to babysit these cuties every now and then. And how can you not be thankful for matching pjs? So cute!

6. pj and hot lunch day

I am always thankful for hot lunch day!  And every kid loves pj day at school! What's not to like about this day?
7. coffee with Nat

I am so thankful for my friend, Nat. Our sons were in preschool together and we've grown our friendship as well. I just love the simplicity of her, and her honesty and her strength. I find myself optimistic and energized after I see her!

8. paper mache

Somehow I missed the childhood wonder that is paper mache, but my husband didn't, so when Bryn had to make a 3D project of planet Neptune, he pulled out that trick. Rhys graciously let us use his basketball (my kids don't really play with sports balls anyways) and the boys covered that up one evening!  



Paper mache is messy business! (silly me, I forgot to take a picture of the after project!  You can sort of see it in #2 posting, but that's as good as it gets!)

9. perfect teeth

Abi had a teeth cleaning this week with a different dentist (ours wasn't in, I guess.) and not only does she not have any cavities (yay!) but it was also mentioned that her teeth are perfect! People pay lots of money to have teeth as neat and evenly spaced as hers! 

I am thankful that she has good oral hygeniene. And maybe it isn't that big of a deal, but I have a mouth full of crazy teeth and it's always bothered me, so hearing this makes me pleased. And relieved! And thankful!

10. Friendships

This past weekend was a busy one. Abi had a birthday party to go to, and Rhys had another one. It took some juggling with rides, since these were conveniently planned at the same time as other events, but they worked out. I am thankful that they have friends to celebrate with, and that they feel included and loved. I am also thankful for family who are able to step in a help with pick ups and such!


So that was my week. How was yours? I would encourage you to start up your own lists, they really are a good way to look back over your week. Especially if it's been a hard one. It's so good for your soul to see the good in things and be thankful.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers