Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. Surprises in the mail

I got a fun surprise in the mail this week, to "help me cheer for the Ducks": a playoff towel from my friend in California! Haha!  I've never been a big Anaheim Mighty Ducks fan, but I suppose I can cheer for them.  


They play against Chicago next though, and well, I've been more of a Blackhawks fan!  It will be an interesting series!  I"m mostly cheering for Montreal! Got to cheer for the Canadiens left in the Stanley Cup playoffs!

2. Nat

I love this woman!  She really is such a blessing in my life!  I am so thankful that she offered to babysit Eden for me so that I could attend my last BSF meeting. There was no childcare that day so that everyone could be involved in Sharing Day. It really meant a lot to me to be able to be a part of this last "class".

3. Long Weekends

Yay for Long Weekends, and sunshine and Queen Victoria's birthday so that we Canadians could have the day off!

4. Tree Climbing

There is a tree that sits in the front of my parents' yard that the kids have taken to climbing. It's neat to see how they get bigger and can climb with ease...and how much smaller that tree gets!




5. Water table fun

I got to babysit my sweet nephews this week; it feels like it's been so long since I've been there!  They had just got a water table on their deck, which was perfect for this week's weather!  The cousins had fun playing at it for a while. (until they got too cold and it was time for lunch!)


6. Paintball

Kai's best friend, David, celebrated his birthday this past weekend with a few paintball games. This is something that my Hunny did as a teenager too (and he still has a few of his gear!) so he came along and played with the boys and David's father!  It seemed like a fun afternoon! (Kai managed to not even get hit either! Since they all played on each other's team, they didn't get to gang up on eachother....that's a good/bad thing! It's fun to attack your friends, but nice to know that certain friends aren't going to corner you and pelt you with paint!)


7. old music

I found an old cd that I borrowed off of my brother years ago (*snicker*) and had a good time listening to it again. It's not so much a #tbt, but I did remember listening to this many times and hearing my brother drum to it. I miss his drumming! I miss my teen years too!




8. Little Friends

Now that Eden has discovered Joey next door, the two girls always have to play together!  Eden went over in her Princess dress, which got Joey all excited, so she put hers on too! It was  a perfect photo op!


They are so adorable!

9. Healing

My Mom has been sick with strep throat and bronchitis this past week (I know, right! Isn't that terrible? When your immune system is down...ugh!)  so we didn't get to visit her for Mother's Day. Finally, she was feeling well enough for guests, so we popped over for a bbq dinner over the long weekend; what a relief to see that she is looking and sounding better than she had earlier in the week! I was able to give her a gift that I made as well.



Her children arise and call her blessed. Proverbs 31:28

10. Afternoons and Conversations on the Playground

I am thankful that it has been such beautiful sunshine this week. The kids have been able to play after school on the playground, and I have had good chats with a friend that I am getting to know better. It is good to connect with other moms. And it is so important to share each other's lives so that we can encourage each other. I'm not the best at meeting other parents and developing deeper relationships; it's something I need to work on. I don't like small talk; I find it awkward and sometimes superficial. I don't want to have pretend conversations with people who don't actually care. But jumping into deeper talks takes time. I am so grateful for those who put themselves out there, ask questions, dig deeper and open up their own lives to me. What a blessing it is to find someone like that!


So that's my week at a glance.  What about yours? What are you thankful for? Taking time to look back over the week and remember the blessings is so good! Consider making your own list up...and then share it with me. I'd love to hear about your Thankful list too!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers