Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thankful Thursday





Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...


1. Grad

Abi's done! She has officially finished and graduated from Middle School! Woohoo! 


There was a school Celebration Ceremony where all of the kids dressed up and got their certificates and then the students ended the evening with a dance party. It was a fun night!

2.Rhys's birthday

For his birthday meal (each person gets to choose what they'd like to eat on the day of their birth), he wanted bacon, so he went out for breakfast with his Dad!  He's never ate so much; it was impressive!  Turning seven gives you a big appetite, apparently!




3. Silly and creative

This girl of mine makes me laugh. As we were driving recently, Eden starts to HOOT in the back seat. I ask her, "What was that?"
E: I'm a carrot!
Me (laughing): but carrots don't make noise!
E: (quite confidently) I'm a musical carrot!


Oh, of course!  Silly me!  What a creative (and funny) imagination.  I love that she had a response immediately too!

4.  The Men in My Life

 Happy Father's Day to the men in my life.

I came across this photo taken Fathers Day 1997. Haha. My Dad is still goofy and makes us laugh. He's still a hard worker, and he still is opinionated, and he's still easy going and makes everyone feel good! I am so lucky to have him in my life, and in the lives of my children. He is a different grandfather than he was a father, and that is a good thing; grandparents are so much more patient!


 I am so incredibly blessed to have my Hunny as the father of our children! He is a great Leader of our Clan!  He works so hard for us, he surprises us, and shows his love in so many ways. 



5. Fairy Kingdom

It was so nice to go to Redwood Park with the kids and their cousins and go for a walk to the Fairy Kingdom!



6.  No More Lunches to Pack

I am so thankful for our wonderful year at LCS, and so incredibly grateful for all that the teachers did in my children's lives, but I am also so happy that I am done with packing lunches for the kids for the next few months!

Woohoo!




7.  These kiddos

I am so very thankful for them. Funny faces and all!  They make me happy.





8. BBQs

When my Hunny bought this huge BBQ a few years ago, I thought it may be overkill. Why would we need a bbq that could hold like 30 steaks at once? Men! haha.  He assured me that we would loan it out for our church and school to use as well, so that made it more worthwhile.

And lend it out, he did!  This BBQ has done many family meals, and camping trips, youth group and church events and even went along with the grade six' for their welcome-to-middle-school camping trip in September!  I am thankful that my Hunny has so willingly lent it out and volunteered his chef skills as well.


The only thing is that with so many things going on this month, we have BBQ'd 7 out of 9 nights! We are tired! And I think we are so sick of hotdogs!!!

9. Birthdays!

We got to celebrate Eden turning four and Rhys turning seven this month! Their birthdays fall within 9 days of eachother.


Eden starts off our "birthday gauntlet".  We have three birthdays in June and four more in July, all in the immediate family, plus several others for friends. Then we take a break after Bryn's birthday in August. Phew!  It's such a good thing that it's summer and we can do fun park events to celebrate!

10. Helpful kids

At the end of the school year, we found out that Kai had a slightly damaged math text book. Boo!  It's a good thing that the librarian is a good family friend! She agreed to let him pay off his debt by working on inventory for her one day, which he did this week. Not only did he do it without complaining, but his brother Bryn also volunteered to help out! It made the day go by much faster for our friend, so that was a blessing to her. And they did it with smiles and a good spirit too!  I was so impressed and pleased with them!
 

So that's my week in a nutshell. How has your week been?  I'd love to celebrate your Thankful list with you: share it in the comments!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers