Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Visiting the Fairy Kingdom

I was originally supposed to babysit my adorable nephews this week, but that was cancelled, so instead the kids and I met my favouritest sister and her boys at Redwood Park in Surrey. We hadn't been there in a while (well, technically, we were just there on the weekend for Rhys' birthday party, but we were only at the playground and not there very long, so that doesn't quite count.) and it didn't have a water park for the little kids to get wet and dirty at so it was an agreeable place to meet!  

 


After the cousins played on the playground for a bit, we decided to check out the Fairy Kingdom.  Last year, when we walked through the park we found all these Fairy Doors added to trees, making it quite whimsical and cute. This year, it has changed again. We didn't notice too many doors this time, but Fairy Houses were added!


 They were everywhere!    It was so neat to check them all out!



 I love that children are painting these houses and that the park lets them get added to the forest! It makes for a fun and magical place for children to visit!  It made me want to go out and add our own house too!

  {we found the princess castle up in a tree)

When we were at the park on the weekend, there was a Fairy birthday party for a little girl named Cheyenne (I saw her sign telling friends which way to find her!) and the guests all painted houses and then went to leave them in the Kingdom. At the time, I didn't know you could do that! Fun! I think I know what I'll be doing for Eden's birthday next year!

{we found some fairies!}

It was a fun way to spend the morning. I'm sure we could've stayed longer in the woods, discovering all the many houses, but it was getting to be lunchtime so we had to leave. But we'll have to make sure to go back this summer and see if any new houses have been added! Check it out for yourself if you're looking for an easy walk to take with young kids!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers