Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thankful Thusday





Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week and remember our blessings.  It is so good to see all that has happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. Friends who gather

We were invited for a family bbq over the weekend to  a friend of Kai's. We didn't know them very well, but this was a great opportunity to get to know eachother better. They have four children (their youngest will also be in preschool with Eden!) and seem to have a lot of similar thoughts and lifestyle as us. It's so good to meet people who you can connect with! I am thankful for new friends,...and that it was such an enjoyable time that the kids didn't want to leave!

2. My book readers

Some of the kids joined the Summer Reading Club at our local public library this year. I don't know why we haven't done it before! This week ended their seven weeks of reading, so they got their medals. They boys were pretty excited about that!




I am thankful that they love books! 

 
3. Art Recognition

Abi entered the drawing contest at the library and won! This was for last months' contest, but we were finally able to go down and get a picture of it hanging on the wall!  I was impressed!  I love Abi's chibi drawings!




4. Birthday Fun

Rhys was so excited; he has been waiting for three weeks (since he first heard about the invitation) and the day finally arrived: he was going to his friend's birthday party! Yay! It's so nice that he is able to go to parties now and that I can actually drop him off and return later!

5. clearing the air

I was worried that a friend was upset with me and it was all so silly. It was just my own worries over nothing, but the more I wondered the more it felt real. When I saw her this week, I was nervous how it would be again, but to my delight, it was perfectly fine! She showed no signs of feeling indifferent towards me, quite the opposite actually! I am thankful that there was no need for me to convince myself that she wasn't happy (but when is there a need to do that?) and I am so thankful that she still loves me and wants to get together soon! What a weight off of me! Dumb imagination of mine!

6. sister bonding time

Abi and Eden were in Abi's room, colouring pictures and hanging out together "bonding", Abi said, when she took this selfie! It makes my heart happy.  I am one lucky mama!



7. Bear hug

There are still a lot of wildfires going on in BC (and plenty all over the place. A friend of mine in Oregon is dealing with the smoke of fires now too) but I am so thankful for all of the work and efforts of the man brave firefighters.




8. Stress Test

Kai had his annual cardiology appointment this week at BCCH. Along with his usual Echocardiocram and ECG, he also had a stress test done. He's never had one done before, so this was new! He did well, considering!




Good news is that his heart is good and there is no change. That is, it is still enlarged (it's approximately 1 year bigger than it should be), but it hasn't gotten bigger, and his test results look good and he is showing no concerning symptoms. I am so thankful for that!



I am thankful for his Cardiologist and the Cardiac team at BCCH. We've been going now for 10 years. That's incredible to think of!

9. Invites

Abi finally got together with her group of friends this week! (well, almost all of them. There are 13 in the group, and a few couldn't make it of course) I love this group of teens! I hope they stay close and continue to grow together as they enter high school in a few weeks.

I am also thankful that the host of this gathering also included younger tween siblings. So Kai got to go, along with his friend. That was so nice and unexpected! I don't know how many things he'll be invited to with Abi and her friends, but I remember the few opportunities I had with my older brother when we were teens, and it was so cool!

10. cozy evenings

I'm thankful that this week, my Hunny and I have been able to spend more time with eachother. Yay!  We've just been sitting together watching HGTV after the Youngers have been put to bed, but still, that's a big step. I was surprised actually at how much more happier I was, and how I viewed our relationship in a better light, just after spending an evening together in the same room!  (he likes to watch tv and I like to write or waste time on Pinterest, and we're often in different rooms)  I am thankful for small things that help.

So that's my week in a nutshell. How about you? What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear your list and celebrate with you!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers