Friday, February 13, 2015

Chalk it up to experience

I haven't been blogging much since I've been busy at home..doing home things...away from my computer... you know....

Two weeks ago, my Dad and I made it "Facebook Official" and opened up our own little home decor business Once Again Designs. You can find us online now. There isn't much to the page yet, but I am working on it!  It's a scary and exciting thing...  We create one-of-a-kind hand crafted decor items. My dad has a sign painting background (something that his father also did for a business) and wood working, and I am learning. It's been fun to learn something that I've always been interested in and have been wanting to do for a while now!

Before Christmas, we signed up to do a craft fair, which gave us a few months to prepare. Of course, with Christmas and sickness, I ended up with less time than I would have liked. But since I seem to like living in the 11th Hour, I was pleased with what I could put together the last two days prior!

The Artisan Market was held last weekend in Chilliwack, where my parents' live, so I drove over and stayed the night so we could prep and get set up on time. Without kids. Yay!







The day was long. And had it's moments of being boring and disappointing. But I am choosing to focus on the positives, which were that we had a lot of great comments and people seemed to really like our work;  they asked questions and took our business card. But it just wasn't a profitable event for us. Which is really discouraging.  But we aren't giving up! We will go to our next market in two months with new products and ideas and displays, and we'll make a statement!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers