Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday


 Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...


1. sunshine, buns and pussy willows

There's something wonderful about eating ham-and-cheese buns in the sunshine, and enjoying some pussy willows after Church!



2. ukelele serenade

Kai is able to put away that recorder finally and  is now learning to play the ukelele! I remember when they introduced it to the music program in elementary school. It was, of course, after I graduated! I think my sister may have learned it, or maybe she missed it by a year as well. Either way, I remember thinking it was silly and I was glad I missed out. It seemed like an embarrassing instrument to play!  Silly me!

Kai is actually loving it and I'm impressed with how much he is paying attention and practicing! He likes to serenade us on our drive home from school on the days he has music class!




3. Surprise haircuts

Our boys have needed haircuts since before school began again in January, but things have always popped up. Events, shopping, sickness, or just budgets. They have looked more and more shaggy and unkempt! (although, on some days, Kai looked like Hiccup from the How To Train Your Dragon movies, which isn't too bad, I guess.)

I was happily surprised to come home one evening to find that my Hunny had cut the boys' hair while I was out! Yay for good looking boys with new haircuts, and yay for husbands who like to surprise, and yay for something we can do at home at no cost and yay for the talent and ability to do so!

4. lost book found

We had a book that I took out of the library in December that went missing, which was very irksome since I tend to keep all of the books in one place so that doesn't happen. I managed to renew it online even though it was overdue (you can do that!), but it was still missing and I was starting to worry since we couldn't renew it for a third time. But Hooray!!! (cue musical interlude with harps) I found it!!! After looking in the most common places (like under beds) I thought of some place obvious: the bookshelf!  I am so thankful!

5. friendships

I am so thankful that Abi has a good group of friends this year, which has both boys and girls in it. I am thankful that she has those she can hang out with outside of school and that she can feel herself with this group. I am thankful that things are looking good for her!

6. Sketching and sunshine

We had such a beautiful weekend and I am so thankful for the sunshine! It really does good for my spirit and soul!  I loved laying around in the sunny spots (I think I was a cat in another life! haha) and took the time to sketch out ideas for upcoming projects.




7. Market Day

I am so thankful that Kai and his fellow grade sixers were able to be creative and show off their entreprenurial sides with Market Day. I am also thankful that they were able to sell their items with the proceeds going to an important organization, who then can go on and bless others in their real-life goals of getting out of poverty. I am thankful for their enthusiasm and energy and willing to Serve this way.



8. Projects and Little Helpers

I pulled out some more wood this week and prepped them for upcoming projects. Of course, Eden had to help as well, insisting that she could sand them down with me!



I am almost finished this one kitchen sign. I'm hoping it will turn out good. Right now I'm seeing flaws. *sigh* 




9.  Babysitting Opportunities

I've mentioned babysitting my sweet nephews a few times already, but I wanted to specifically mention how thankful I am for this chance! My sister has now returned to work full time (she's a NICU Nurse) and so on the days that she is coming off of a night-shift, I come over and watch the boys all day so she can sleep. I am so thankful that I am can do this, and I am thankful that I lasted 7 hours with three toddlers! (Miss E is 3, Gavin is 2 and Micah is now 1!) What a blessing! So many things to be thankful for!

I am also thankful that I got to spend my time with this little man on his first birthday!  He is such a happy boy. He melts my heart! 


I am one lucky auntie!

10. family walks

We took the kids for a surprise walk this past weekend at Campbell Valley park. We hadn't been there before and so it was a lot of fun! They loved the "troll bridges"!  It was a good day to be outside in the fresh air and let the kids run around and get some exercise!  



We will definitely need to go back there again!

So that's my week in a nut shell. I hope that your week has been good. What are you thankful for? If you write a list, I'd love to read it!




0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers