Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Louise at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for...

1. BSF

I'v been thankful for my Bible Study Fellowship group before, but I wanted to specifically say that I am happy that we are meeting again! We took two weeks off for Spring Break, but then had to take an extra week off since the church we meet in was doing some construction. We are now back on and yay! It feels so good!  

2. Egg hunts

Every kid loves Easter egg hunts!   What's not to like about having to do a scavenger hunt in search for candy, chocolate and money?


I am thankful that my mother-in-law loves to do them as well and that we had nice enough weather to do it outside!

3. Easter surprises

What a funny and happy surprise to see that our caterpiller from all the way in August FINALLY emerged as a moth this weekend! We thought for sure that it didn't survive. I was pretty excited! I felt like a proud mama for not killing it, haha!


 
4. Ice Cream Makes Everything Better

Bryn complained of sore eyes on Tuesday after school, and by dinner time I could see why, so off to the clinic we went when it opened the next day. The doctor walked into the room, took a look at B and said, "Oh!" then started writing out a prescription for his double pink eye!  I found it humerous that he didn't have to ask any details, but knew right away what was wrong. But I also found it a bit frustrating that he didn't give any information to us. But hey, we now have some medicated drops to heal him up and he gets some more days to relax at home in pjs and play computer games!  (he likes school though, so he's missing that, and his friends. I guess you can't have everything!)



After the doctor's visit, we got ice cream, because ice cream makes everything better.



5. Surprise friends!

Abi decided to miss out on her class grade 8 grad sailing trip, even after fundraising for three years and friend's trying to convince her, and my telling her how much fun it was when I went on my trip in gr 7.  I was a bit disappointed, but we let her make up her own choice and told her from the beginning that we wouldn't push her.  

I was worried about her having to go join a different class this week (two of the gr 8 classes went on their trip last week, and 8X is going this week, just as scheduling works for the S.A.L.T.S program works, so Abi joined 8W) and having to be without any of her friends, but God surprised us!   We found out that one of her friends is actually in that class, and another good friend of hers ended up not being able to go on the trip either, so she has been  able to spend the week with two of her guy friends! Hooray!  Small blessings make for much better weeks!  God is good and I am so thankful that He answers even small worries and prayers!

6. Good dental appointment

Kai had his teeth cleaning this week, and I was happy to hear he has no cavities! Yay! And they did a more advanced x-ray to check on the placement of his adult teeth (they are almost all in now) and they look good too. No worries of his mouth being too crowded or pushing other teeth out of place. Phew!

7. birthday parties

Rhys was invited to a classmate's birthday party and I am so happy for that. Maybe one day, those invitations will slow down. So for now I am grateful for the parties that include the whole class!  He had such a blast at Go Bananas!

8. free air!

I am thankful that the gas station near our house still has a complimentary air pump. Our one tire has a slow leak from a nail (yay, dang constant construction in Langley) and so I need to fill it every few days. Most gas stations want you to pay for it now, and I don't tend to carry change with me, so I was thankful to see Chevron didn't install pay meters on theirs! 


9. sunny days to play

I am so thankful for sunny and warm days again! The kids are often playing at the playground after school. Hooray for chances to burn some energy. Not that it has made them more sleepy at bedtime yet, but hey, at least they're outside running around!







10. Happy Dances!

I love Rhys' Happy Dance!  It makes me smile.



So that was my week in a nutshell. How about yours? What are you thankful for?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers