Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thankful Thusday



Welcome back to Thankful Thursday, a feature started by Lousie at Talk Nerdy to Me, where we look back over our week to remember our blessings.  It is so good to see the good things that have happened, especially if you have had a particularly tough week. Being grateful is good for the soul. Here are just a few things that I am thankful for..


1. B-day Parties

We put off celebrating Bryn's 8th birthday until this month since having a party in summer is hard to have friends come to. We hosted it at the pool and it was perfect! Although maybe the Most Boring party for us parents (we sat there and watched them swim; we didn't have to entertain any kids this time!), the boys loved it!


2. Youth Group Start Up

Fusion started up again for Abi and the youth of Jericho Ridge this week! Their kick-off event was supposed to be a scavenger hunt, but with the pouring rain they had all day and evening, it was cancelled and they extended the glow bowling party at the Clover Lanes, which is near us. I love that Abi has her group of friends and enjoys youth group! (they go on their annual youth retreat this weekend!)

3. Babysitters for E and R

With B's party at the pool this week, we had to find something to do with Rhys and Eden. They would love to be in the pool, but they wouldn't be able to keep up with the bigger kids' games, and we wouldn't be able to keep them safe in the pool while also hosting a party (even if we didn't have to do much in the end for the party). I am so thankful my mother in law was able to come and stay with them. 

I am also very thankful for my parents for coming and keeping Eden company so that I could go on Rhys' class trip to the Applebarn this week! This is my first field trip without preschoolers, and I was so excited to go! Which brings me to my next thankful listing:

4. Apple Barn Trip

All of the kindergarten classes went to Taves Family Farm (AKA the Apple Barn) for their first field trip and it was so much fun!  It was so wonderful to be able to go as well, even if we had a lot of rain for the trip.


I loved that I was able to go on this trip too. I think I was just as excited as Rhys was! My parents told me to let them know when the next field trip was...I think they are okay with watching Eden again!


5. Card Making Class

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I love to make cards. *snicker* okay, so I may have mentioned it once or twice!  I have a friend who teaches cardmaking with Stampin' Up!, and she was hosting a few stamp-a-stacks this week. (That's where you make a stack of cards in one evening. We made 9 in total)  I love Amanda's creativity in making these and designing and setting up this class! She has a few more classes coming up, if you are in the Langley area. Look up Amanda-Independant Stampin' Up! Demonstrator on FB!



6. Free Stuff!

I found this nice piece of furniture outside of a house down our street with a "free" sign on it! I was so excited! I was able to convince my Hunny to take a look at it with me and to haul it up the street to our house. (it was heavy too, ugh! and we had to carry it up the stairs too!) We have been keeping an eye out for a new dresser for Rhys and Eden, and this is perfect!  I love it's size; it's low enough for the kids, and long and deep for clothes. It will go into the boys' room for R and B to use, and E will get B's old white dresser! Hooray!


It has a few scratches, and you can see some of the wood is chipped in the middle at the front, and the top is covered with a laminate, but it really isn't in too bad of a shape. I am hoping I can just sand it down and do a bit of repair work, slap some more paint on it and call it a day.  We shall see.

Hooray for free answers to furniture needs! I never find free stuff on the side of the road that I need! (or if it is something that I could use, I go back to pick it up and it's gone. Dang!)

7. Timmys

I had a funny moment this week at Timmys...their debit machine wasn't working very well and it wasn't accepting my card to pay at the drive thru, so the guy says to me, "It's ok, you can come back and pay later. You come here often enough!" I thought that was sweet, yet also embarrassing! I apparently come often enough that the guy recognizes me! (I did find the correct change in my purse in the end though, so didn't need to return later!) haha. It was a nice start to my day!

I am thankful for the chance to be honest and for the fact that someone I don't know personally considers me trustworthy enough to leave without paying. He's right: I would've returned! I would have felt guilty if I didn't and would end up having to get my Timmys pumpkin spice muffin at a different location!

8. cheap costumes

My Hunny and I took a quick coffee date this past weekend and found some great costumes at a thrift store for the Youngers to use at Halloween! They were perfect and not too bad for prices. ($25 for two)  Eden loves her Pegasus costume and Rhys is happy with his dragon/alligator/crocodile costume, even though we will still need to add pieces to his.



9. Clean Teeth

It was Kai's turn at the dentist this week, and since it had been a while since he had been (*blush* you really don't notice how much time has gone by until you look back at records. Oops!) we were a bit worried about the results. After his x-rays and cleaning, I was so pleased to hear that all was well! No cavities! The dentist is happy. I was happy. It was a relief! We could see on the xray that he has two teeth that will be falling out soon too! 

10. Kleenex

I am thankful for kleenex as it is softer than paper towels, which is what I was using first to blow my nose! I caught a cold this week (I blame Abi, who started it!) and feel stuffed up and sneezy and achey. ugh! 



It has been a good week and I have a lot to be thankful for. How about you? Take a look back and start your own list.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers