Monday, October 6, 2014

WCMD

World Card Making Day falls on the first Saturday of October, which was this past weekend.  If I didn't participate in some way, I wouldn't be much of a dedicated card maker! Unfortunately, since I have been sick the past few days, I wasn't able to get down to my Stamp Room until the next night. 

I wasn't too sure what I was going to create, but thankfully I have a huge board on Pinterest to help me out! I was very pleased with my results

My first card is a CASE from Sarah Sagert, found here on her Stampin' Up website blog. It is so cute! I would've loved to add some stitching, but it was just too much effort for me!  There is a reason she was on the SU Artisan Design team! I didn't put as many embellishments on my card, but I do like how mine turned out. I used all retired SU supplies, except for the gold sequin trim.




My second card is a CASE from Catherine Joy Stockley at Catherine Loves Stamps.  I love her tag and I wish I had those stamps, but I had to use what was in my supplies. So I used the tag that I made from my Big Shot (I used the negative die cut on the first card. I was happy to find a use right away for the polka-dot Chalk Talk framelits) and found something suitable.  At first, I wasn't happy with the end result of the card, but looking at it more, I am pleased.

I didn't have the washi tape she did, but mine worked good, and I added ribbon as well. I also pulled out the gold sequin trim for this card. I had bought that a few months ago and had finally pulled it out of it's plastic wrap! Pulling the sequins off of the string wasn't too hard and they make cute embellishments!



Did you do any card making for WCMD? Or anything crafty this weekend? It really speaks to my soul when I am able to create something. (even if it is just to copy someone else' idea.)  I can't wait to show you what I created with Abi!  That will come soon. Promise!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers